viernes, 27 de enero de 2012

HOW GREEN I AM?


One of the big problems in the world today is the environmental problem. Humans are not been careful with the planet, and now they have realized of the consequences.

Some places teach people about friendly environmental practices; like clothing stores, where they give us our products in recyclable bags, or in the bus where there are publicity to take care of our planet. Also through TV there have been campaigns focusing in the environmental problem.

I have incorporated some of these practices. For example, I recycle, especially when I’m in my house and in the university. I separate the trash, the plastic, the cans, paper and organic products. When I was a scout I buried organic products in the ground, like fruit peel, or vegetables peel. Where I live there are recycling sites, so I go there to throw the trash to recycle. Other things that I do is not to throw the trash in the street or in the ground, to unplugged gadgets that I’m not using and keep the light off in the rooms that no one is using.

I would like to be part of an organization like Green Peace, who worries off the care of animals. Because sometimes when we damage the environment, we damage the animal’s home, hurting them or even making them a threat to ourselves.

Whenever I can I use the bike orwalk, but is difficult for me because I live very far away, so it takes me to long to go to the university, but when I go to places closer to mi house I always try to take my bike. Another way of to reduce my carbon footprint is the use of public transport, the use of low energy bulbs and cook with the cooking pots covered, for example.

I think people are still no conscious enough of the consequences of not taking care of are own planet. We need to take measures to avoid pollution it more. Especially in Santiago where I think a lot of people use the car. But also in Santiago missong more bike paths and more places to recycle.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario